Sunday, June 2, 2013

A Surprise in the Driveway

As my husband headed out the door this morning he didn't get far when I heard him back at the door calling in "Get your camera and come here, fast". I grabbed it up and came out in my nightgown to see what was the need for a camera. To my surprise he says "There is a moose sleeping under Grandpa's truck." I thought he was pulling my leg. How could you get a big 1000 pound moose under the pickup? I looked anyway to see what was there, and sure enough there was a baby moose about 15 feet away sleeping partially under the passenger side of Grandpa's truck. Wow! I've never seen a baby moose so close and so small. It looked like a big dog, not a moose. We took pictures and stayed on the deck for several minutes trying to determine where mom was. Not seeing her and not wanting to frighten her or the calf, we came back inside. It's been a couple of hours and the baby is still sleeping and listening to the noises in the neighborhood not worrying about us. I hope mama comes back soon. This little moose can't be too old as apparently moose calve in late May and this is only June 1. Here are a couple of pictures of our little visitor who is staying cool in the above nomal heat we are having--80 degrees!







No comments:

Post a Comment